Protech Property Solutions technicians are fully trained in Bird Dropping Cleaning, Removal of Bird Waste and and Sanitisation of areas that have been contaminated by bird guano.
Our innovative cleaning and disinfection measures ensure that all procedures are performed in a safe and efficient manner to help protect you from the health hazards that these environments can present.
Our service features:
- Safe removal of bird waste
- Comprehensive Cleaning and Disinfection of affected areas
Bird droppings from pigeons, gulls and sparrows can result in permanent damage to the structure of your building or equipment if they are not dealt with correctly. Areas such as roofs, balconies, machinery, ventilation systems, and lofts provide birds with sheltered spots that are ideal for roosting and nesting. The birds then leave their waste in the building or area it has chosen to nest in.
Harmful Effects of Bird Droppings
From building damage to serious health risks, bird droppings can be more than just an inconvenience if left unchecked for long periods of time.
- Bird guano is very acidic, it can lead to corrosion of the surfaces it is present on, especially tar-based roofing materials, and paint finishes.
- Ventilation systems are also vulnerable to damage from bird droppings as the ducts can become clogged, resulting in expensive repairs.
- The resulting damaging to the aesthetic appearance of buildings and structures is potentially harmful to your image and custom.
- Bad odours and contaminants can quickly be spread around the building through the ventilation system, inhaling bacteria and fungi could present a health risk.
The safe removal of bird waste is not only vital to improve the aesthetic appearance of the building or surface it is present on, prolonging the life of the surface, but also to ensure any risk to human health is minimised.
Bird Dropping Diseases
What is Cryptococcosis?
Cryptococcosis is a fungal disease associated with droppings and also grows in soils. It is very unlikely that healthy people will become infected even at high levels of exposure.
What is Histoplasmosis?
Histoplasmosis is a disease caused by a fungus called Histoplasma capsulatum, which grows in pigeon droppings. It also grows in soils and can be found throughout the world.
What is Psittacosis?
Psittacosis is an infection caused by Chlamydia psittaci, a type of bacteria found in the droppings of birds such as pigeons. When bird droppings dry and become airborne people may inhale them and get sick.
Call today on 0845 604 1288 for more information or to arrange for a professional member of our team to attend your site.
Please visit Protech Pest Solutions for more information on our pest control services.